So this past weekend myself and Chris, my mom, sister and her boyfriend, my uncle, aunt and cousin, all surprised my stepdad for his 50th birthday with a trip to Syracuse (his alma mater) for a basketball game.
It was a pretty amazing trip — if I do say so myself! And while I’m not totally convinced that Robert didn’t see much of the surprise coming, at the end of the day we all had an amazing time, so that’s really all that matters, right?
Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, we also won the game😉
Surprise birthday celebrations are pretty much the best.
Anyway, up and coming this week:
- A visit to a DIY cookie decorating/holiday party hosted by one of my favorite bloggers tomorrow
- Date night at this amazing place, courtesy of an episode of Sex and the City that made me feel like I just haddddd to go there!
- A visit to the David Zwimmer Gallery to see what all the fuss is about over Yayoi Kusama’s “I Who Have Arrived in Heaven” exhibit
- Tasting The Great Pumpkin Drink at Please Don’t Tell on this list
- A holiday get-together with family from upstate, Brooklyn, and even all the way from Calabria, Italy
- Dinner at Rolf’s German Restaurant to check out all the awesome decorations
- Drinks at The Flatiron Room (because I feel like after seven years in NYC and a wedding photo in front of it, I should at least try a drink there ….)
- A very special Christmas celebration next Saturday with my family — and especially my nephew Rory for his first holiday trip into town! Oh my I have so many plans for that day!
We’re off to Vermont the day after Christmas for some snowboarding, and we’ll be heading to Iceland in February, which I seriously cannot wait for.
‘Tis the season for dreams, wishes and plans, my friends!