Chris and I have entered into an ages old dilemma when it comes to travel. With a few extra days of vacation left in both of our pockets, we’ve decided to actually take a trip together this year, when we thought originally that this wouldn’t be possible.
So let the decision-making fun begin. There are a few factors we’re using to narrow down the choices:
- We won’t leave the country for this vacay
- We’ll keep the flight and hotel stay to under $500
- We’ll choose a “relaxing” vacation this time, as opposed to something where we’ll feel the need to run around and sight see all the live long day
- We’ll shy away from the West Coast for this trip, since it will only be for a couple of days
We tossed around the idea of picking a place where a specific action would do the guiding—as in “We went to Arizona because they have the best sky diving”—but I think we may have decided against that.
A quick goggle search of the Top 10 cities to visit in the U.S. left me feeling a bit jipped.
1. San Francisco– West Coast
2. Charleston, SC—Been there
3. Santa Fe, NM—Possibility
4. NYC—Live there
6. Honolulu—Been there
7. Carmel, CA—West Coast
8. Savannah, GA—not sure I see the draw
9. San Diego—West coast
10. Boston—Been there
After adding New Orleans and Phoenix to the list, we still only had a couple of good options.
So we threw the list out, and I think we’re going to go with Florida. It’s cheap. It’s tropical. I know my way around it. Now the decision is this:
St. Augustine—where I used to live, but could be fun to show Chris around the place, and I know the best places to go/stay/eat
The Everglades—neither one of us has been, but we’re dying to see some alligators
This might be a tough one….