Follow me on Twitter
For some reason, when I was in college I was never really bitten by the travel bug. While all of my friends around me traveled abroad to study, I was content to stay in my tiny little Harrisonburg town and study my journalism classes. Well, that’s not exactly totally true. I did try to get my parents to let me take a trip to the Galapagos Islands during spring break of my freshman year (I was a biology minor, it fascinated me).
The answer was no. I didn’t ask again. I did eventually go on an alternative spring break trip to Tahlequah, Oklahoma during the spring break of my junior year, and to Panama City Beach for my senior one…but that’s neither here nor there.
But now, a few years after graduation and two states of residence later, I feel ready to get my travel back on! After graduation I moved to St. Augustine, Florida, and from there to Manhattan (the GREATEST city in the world, or at least that I’ve seen so far). I’ve taken trips to Hawaii, the Bahamas, Banff Canada, Niagra Falls, and my favorite and latest conquest, Australia. I’m looking forward to making some interesting treks this year, too, and in all the years to come. My hope is that I can teach myself something with this blog, that I can keep a “forever” diary of my travels, and that I can share them with whomever might be interested.
- Make it back to Nuremberg, the place of my birth (and attend Oktoberfest at an age where I can legally drink (which isn’t to say I didn’t drink when I there at a little over the age of 1)) Update: I made it to Oktoberfest in both 2010 and 2012. Still haven’t been back to Nuremberg though … yet!
- Visit the West Coast (the farthest I’ve been is Las Vegas) Update: I made it to Palm Springs, California, in 2012!
- Go skiing/snowboarding somewhere in the mid-West
- Visit Montana. I wrote a paper about it in fourth grade. It seems awesome.
- Yosemite, here I come!
- Visit the Galapagos Islands
- Take a REAL cruise (not the toilet-of-the-sea cruise…more on that later)
- Safari in Africa
- Take an Alaskan cruise
First and foremost- a big Italy graduation trip with my sister in this 2010, and Germany later on with a friend. So I’m excited, and ready to get started!
2010 Update: Hi friends! Just a quick note by way of updating my ‘About’ page—I’d say Year One of Weary Wanderer was pretty successful. In 2010 I somehow managed to make it to the following destinations:
Australia (including Bathurst, Canberra, Orange, Sydney, Melbourne)
The Jersey Shore (not quite the same as the others, but hey, it’s still a trip!)
I see big things for 2011 when it comes to Weary Wanderer as well—starting with Mexico, Jamaica, and potentially (hopefully!) another trip to Europe.
Bis bald, friends! And thanks for being readers!
2011 Update: Hey friends! So turns out, 2011 was nothing to sneeze at either …. travel wise at least! Here’s a round-up of what happened in 2011:
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Camping in New Hampshire
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mountain Creek, New York
2012 Update: Bis bald, my loves! 2012 was a pretty amazing year of travel–check it out!
Key West, Florida
Palm Springs, California
This page has the following sub pages.